Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Web 2.0: New Tools, New Schools

The reading was about how are new world is using a new web with new skills developed and continuously developing every day.  I felt it focused on how people are and should be able to understand and use the basic uses of technology. Moreover it touched upon self-direction.  But also to be able to work in groups and teams and communicate accurately and effectively.  I really enjoy how it talks about the pushing of creativity and taking risks.  Being curious, asking questions, and making mistakes is how we learn.  As humans no one is "perfect", but that is what makes life perfect.  Moreover I thought the figure below was very interesting. 

Figure 1.1 | Comparison of old and new ways of working
Web 1.0 Web 2.0
Application based E Web based
Isolated E Collaborative
Offline E Online
Licensed or purchased E Free
Single creator E Multiple collaborators
Proprietary code E Open source
Copyrighted content E Shared content


No comments:

Post a Comment