After reading about the national educational technology standards it makes me wonder what teaching in the classroom will be like. I feel like because I am so used to using technology and working in groups with students my age, I am going to have to realize, if I teach 3rd grade for instance, I will have to be very patient. More patient than I have to be now with adults. I want to focus on being creative. Creating new works and making sure the students are original and true to themselves. I want them to forget about mistakes and to realize there isn’t anything to fear. I want them to make decisions, accept their decision, and not look back. Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Decision Making are constantly brought back up in what we need the students to learn. We are constantly reminded about it, but it is such a key factor and important ingredient, that the constant reminders are necessary.
I completely agree with you, working with friends is completely different from working with the children and its going to take a lot of patients and its going to be difficult. I felt that some of the things we need to teach the kids were a little bit ridiculous; i feel some things might be too hard.
ReplyDelete